Add this

Monday 18 February 2019

What is Massbanker and is it affordable?!




Hi peeps

Today I wanted to give you a tip!.

Most of us have witnessed that Pilchard tinned fish are so expensive lately and the weird fact is that it's one of the VAT zero rated foods...but why are they so pricy?!.

Competition Commission please look into this!.

Anyway I have come up with an inexpensive way to consume fish especially oily fish because they have Omega 3.I have noticed that if you go to the freezer section at most supermarkets you will find a fish called Massbanker and they are priced between R24.99-R27.99 per kg(kilograms).

Maasbanker comes from the same "fish family" as Pilchards. It has Omega 3 as well and is categorized as an oily fish and it tastes GREAT!. It has a similar taste to Pilchard so if you love Pilchard you will also love Maasbanker.

Because it's a whole fish please clean it properly.Thaw the fish,place it in fresh water inside a bowl and take out the gills(inside the head) and anything that is black(those things are bitter if cooked).Inside the body take out the fish's stomach and anything black as well.

The cleaned fish should look like this

If you don't like bones(like my husband) you can take out the bones with a clean twizzer but I love my fish with bones,when you fry your fish the bones become so crispy...love it.You can also make a fish curry mmm delicious!.

Ooh you must also chop the fins out and the tail as well.In terms of scales I mostly just wash them off because they are mostly not there(I literally find 3 small scales in one whole fish).

I love you and we'll chat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment